Friday, December 21, 2007

Mike's Drive-In: UPDATED 12.21.07





Hamburgler chimes in:

Not bad. Reminds us of how A&W/Dairy Queen use to be when they were small town diners serving up the soft serve (dipped please). $7.20 on this "basket" of bacon cheeseburger with fries, coleslaw, and drink. Patty is paper thin, but fulfills.



-----------------------

ORIGINAL POST: 10/4/2007




CondimentSpreader is still out there burgering and eating foreign objects.

Just south of Tacoma St. in Sellwood is Mike's Drive In. Another old-school joint, but no longer delivering curbside on skates.

Extensive menu with no less than 12 burger jump off points.

I had the mushroom with swiss. Have to say it started out as one of the better burgers I've tasted, although somewhat suffering from the 'soggy bun' syndrome, which I can work around. At some point I started wondering about a mushroom that I was having trouble chewing down. Turned out to be a rather large chunk of thick plastic. (see pic)

I really want to like the place, but when I informed the counterperson of my woe, she sorta shrugged it off and said, "oh sweetie, that's probably just from when they take the patties outta the pan....".

Inexpensive and tasty, but still...

Mike's Drive-In
3045 SE Harrison St.
Milwaukie, OR 97222
(503)654-0131

No comments: