Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sayler's Old Country Kitchen






WhopperChomper can't be stopped:


I cannot say enough about how much I love Sayler’s. I’ve been going here with my family since I was a kid. Don’t laugh when I say that the steaks easily rival El Gaucho and cost about a quarter of the price... I just put that claim to the test about a month ago where I happened to go to both El Gaucho & Sayler’s in the same weekend and I’ll stand by it.

A place like this does one thing – steak – and they do it well. They’ve got a giant rotating steak for a sign, the menu is in the shape of a steak, and they’ve even got a 72 oz steak that you can have for free – if you can eat the entire thing in an hour. They don’t compete with other fancier joints on atmosphere, and the parking lot isn’t full of European cars... Hell, they don’t even have a Web site. But the steaks are good.

Anyway, I haven’t had the burger here since I was a kid, but I felt it my duty to forego a steak for one trip so I could introduce Sayler’s to the PDX Burger masses. Sadly, I was a little disappointed in the burger, but that shouldn’t stop you from visiting. Like I said, this place does steaks. They do make the burger out of ground top sirloin, and they’ll cook it to order, and it comes with the usual suspects. Unfortunately, on this particular occasion, they overcooked my burger and it was a little sloppy with the house sauce (thousand island). But really – you should go get a steak here..



Sayler's Old Country Kitchen
10519 SE Stark St.
Portland, OR 97216
(503)252-4171

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a nice blog. I like it!

Anonymous said...

Sayler's rocks - rotating steak sign ftw

Anonymous said...

They do have a website:

http://www.saylers.com/