Thursday, September 11, 2008

Nancy's Kitchen




New burgers from the new person MoreBurgerThanBun:


Since I work in the Pearl finding a good "diner style" burger is tough - and tougher yet to get one at a reasonable price. But I am not discouraged and continue my quest. That quest took me today to Nancy's Kitchen. They had a sign in their somewhat small dining room proclaiming theirs to be "the best burgers in town" with a reference to the A&E (I'm assuming that's the Oregonian's arts & entertainment section).

With that ringing endorsement I waited fervently for my cheeseburger. (You only get the add-in option of cheese here, too - cheddar, swiss, and pepperjack). For $8+ I was hoping for something spectacular. When the smaller plate arrived I was a bit disappointed. Although, to be honest, I could use smaller portions.

The burger was good, indeed done properly in the diner-style, with a liberal application of special-sauce. You certainly don't get eight dollars' worth of burger but it's still good. It does come with a side of chips which you can sub out with homemade potato salad or coleslaw for $2.39, though. Again, not a cheap meal by any standard but a good one, nonetheless.




Nancy's Kitchen in the Pearl
1611 NW Glisan
Portland, OR 97209

No comments: