Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Velour




CondimentSpreader has got the fever. Burger fever that is, and thinks he has found a contender. Got to be curious about that Habanero-Blackberry Ketchup.

If you find yourself near old town after bar close, I IMPLORE you to head to Velour on First and Ash.

They're open til four, allow smoking in their very plush, comfortable balcony, and besides the Slow Bar, have one of the best burgers I've tasted. It is a buffalo patty, but I don't think I could tell in this case, and it comes with the best fries anywhere. I know it seems like an exaggeration, but no...

However they grill the buns, they are served with the slightest bit of crunch with no signs of burning. Really,.. great texture as much as anything with this one. And apparently the fries get rolled in rice flour before the oil, adding extra crunch, and are served with a habanero and blackberry ketchup. Pretty interesting stuff. My only criticism, in my opinion, was that they went a little heavy with the black pepper in the patty, but just barely.

On the more expensive side at nine dollars, but really i would consider it worth it. Check it out.

NOTE: They have a $3.00 happy hour burger from 3 to 6pm.

Voleur
111 SW Ash St.
Portland, OR 97204
(503)227-3764

No comments: