Monday, April 7, 2008

Hanigan's ( The Vern )






PattyPusher puts on the Bruno Gerussi and gets down to business:


Coming across a friend with a burger at The Vern, I thought "Really? You eat here? I don't even like to touch things in here." He assured me that the kitchen was up to scratch and that he only had a few of the $4 pitchers clouding his judgment.

That's a Vernburger. Seven bucks worth of patty, bacon, ham, cheese, grilled onion and the usuals. The fries were a little over salted, which is too bad 'cause they were crispy and hot, but every thing else was seriously spot on. Who'd have thought the Vern would have it in it?

At this point I had to commend his bravery to be so undaunted by the exterior and find such a hidden gem. Not to mention the speed with which he put that thing away. "In the name of God and St Michael and St George, I dub thee Hairburger!" Thus newly christened, he explained his "leave no crumb behind" policy and was heard murmuring "I could almost go for another." The force is strong with this one.


Hanigan's ( The Vern )
2622 SE Belmont St.
Portland, OR 97214
(503)233-7851

No comments: