Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Slim's







What did Mr. Mt. Hood say to Mrs. Mt. St. Helens?..... I lava you.....(boooo, no golf clap)..., anyhow they might enjoy a burger together from Slim's:


Who's your daddy? Pattydaddy, that's who.

Forget everything you thought you knew about Slim's. New owners have planned a thoughtful menu and shooed out all the tweakers. I think gentrification did the rest. Here, 98 years after being established, it's been transformed into a pretty nice place to get a meal and a drink.

I comforted myself with a bacon burger ($5.75) and a Maker's manhattan. Very pleased with both. Friend and AWESOME photographer HambahgaStakee went for the basic burger ($4.50) and reported satisfaction. What can I say? Good burgers skillfully prepared by someone who obviously cares about what they do. Stiff drinks poured liberally. Very nice and clean retro atmosphere. Friendly bartender who's easy on the eyes. All in all a good experience and I will go back.

Slim's Restaurant & Lounge
8635 N Lombard St
Portland, OR 97203
(503)286-3854

1 comment:

James said...

I like to make salmon burger even though there were quite a few reasons I wanted to make a salmon burger. One of them, of course was how easily salmon pairs with other flavors. Making it a great choice for a burger.