Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Stanich's

"I shouldn't have eaten that at 4pm, now I have to take a nap and don't get a dinner burger"
Stanich's has a great menu. Burger. Burger. Burger. Burger. Fries. Went with "The Special" shown in the forefront and billed as "the world's greatest hamburger". Coming in at $6.00 with cheese, ham, bacon, egg, tomato, lettuce, onion, and condiments. It will put you down for a nap. My friend went with the bacon cheeseburger. Notice that nice pink center. This place deserves its reputation. Over-sized orders of fries as well, just look at that thing. Its a "small". I still have shiny finger nails as I type this, its a look of satisfaction.



Stanich's
4915 Ne Fremont St
Portland, OR 97213

6 comments:

Manolo said...

I envy the hamburgler... naps and burger eating in the summer in portland,,, can't get better then tat...

burgermeister said...

mmmmmm. staniches.... do love that "george" burger. named after the famous(?) George Stanich. bacon, cheese, and all the other fixin's.
ok hamburgler, next stop Castagna.

Anonymous said...

Ate at Stanich's last week. Tho the food - burgers - was fine, the place is really dirty and greasy; table, menu (which you don't really need to look at), tableware, seats, walls, and some of the service staff.

Anonymous said...

Had an appendectomy this week and have been slowly working up to real food...craving a burger today, bad...need protein...took your recommendation and had my nursemaid go get me a burger from Stanich's...Damn...tasty...and I can feel the sinew where the sutures are beginning to melt growing back together even as I lay here in a delicious food stupor...

AceBurger said...

Stanich's has been one of my favorite burgers/ stops in Portland since 1988. Never had anything other than the Special and probably never will! Its that good. Oops, I did have 2 specials once, go for it...you will only do it once! I have a rating of burgers in Oregon and the
Special has always been in the top 10...currently sits at number 9. 97217 burger should stick to gourmet burger spots if they can't handle the grease...this place is a classic burger joint, not dirty.

Anonymous said...

Stanich's is awsome! A GREAT burger in a very nostalgic atmosphere. This establishment is Portland at its greatest. You simply cannot call yourself a "Portlander" unless you have had a "world famous" and a cold beer at Stanich's.