Monday, January 7, 2008

Puerto Rico: Shipwreck Bar & Grill





Portland Hamburger SweetHotMustard got to lay around sunning herself in Puerto Rico and kept up her duties:


After eating strictly Puerto Rican food for 9 days if I saw another plantain I would have squashed it and threw it to the wild roosters. I was seriously ready to sink my teeth into a burger.

After a full day of snorkeling and swimming, we ended up at Shipwrecked Bar and Grill. We started off with housemade jalapeno poppers topped with mango salsa which were exceptionally good (i should have taken a photo). There were only two burgers on the menu, the fare here is mostly steak and seafood. The "Captain Jack" with carmelized onions and blue cheese. and the "Wimpy" burger, which was a standard cheeseburger with lettuce tomatoes and onions.

My brother, who we'll call "Bun Boy", and I went halvesies. 8oz patties of local organic Puerto Rican beef on untoasted buns with a side of fries. a bit pricey at around $9, but I tell ya, I cared not. The "Captain" was especially delicious, when asked.

Overall, it was one of the most pleasant meals I experienced on the island. Great open air seating and a motto that i could agree with..."Time flies when you're having rum." The perfect last meal in paradise.

No comments: