Thursday, August 7, 2008

Washington: Clark County Fair



Cross the river and they tinker with everything:


The Onionaire burger.

The Onionaire burger stand has been at the Clark County fair for as long as I can remember. I have been getting my annual "fix" ever since I was in high school and that was over 20 years ago. Nothing has changed. They are still delicious.

The burger is fried on a grill. Next to the burgers you will see a giant mountain of onions being fried to a golden brown.

I've noticed (on occasion) that instead of placing the cooked burgers in a warming bin, they set the burgers UNDER the soft, brown onions to stay warm and absorb the onion-y goodness.

I order an Onionaire burger with cheese. Every year. Same thing. They dig under the mountain of onions for the burger and place it on a bun, add a slice of American cheese and heap on the onions. I mean HEAP. There is no need to add anything else. The cheese melts into the onions and forms a beautiful, sticky, sauce-like subatance. So, you don't need to add any mustard or ketchup. My favorite part is the onion/cheese mess that is left in the paper wrapper after I'm finished. I happily eat that with my fingers.

Total cost for this tasty bit of Clark County Fair history? Under $5.

You can get a double for $5.75. Same thing only more of it.

Definitely worth the price of admission to the fair.


Clark County Fair
17402 NE Delfel Rd.
Ridgefield, WA 98642

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For 2011, they got rid of onionaire..... so bummed