Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Burger Art: Mike 2600



Former Portlander Mike 2600 makes some burger art. You might recognize some of his art from the Stones Throw / Adult Swim Chrome Childen tour or from MF Doom's 2004 tour. He claims he is more into Portland pizza then our burgers (he goes with the Burgerville), but his art tells us what is really on his mind. Check out his site for more info:

Twelve Car Pile-Up

So whats this burger all about:

I hand-painted a 20" Dunny for an art show I had at Kidrobot in San Francisco in March 2006. They sent me this huge white vinyl creature that just stared at me day after day. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, and then all of a sudden I got the idea to paint it like a cheeseburger and there was no turning back from that point.

So it went over well at the opening - nuff photos here : - and my friend working at Kidrobot suggested to the powers that be that it should end up as a mass-produced toy in one of the 3" Dunny series. They dug the idea and had me recreate the design on the computer. The burger will be part of Kidrobot's Dunny Series 4 and here's what it looks like as a little guy.

No comments: