Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Georgia: Central City Tavern (Atlanta)





PDX Gwailo is all over the place, now in Georgia:



Anytime a restaurant stewardess tells me “Sure, y’all can substitute tater tots for fries”, I’m happier than a pig who’s been rejected for the BBQ pit. Central City Tavern was no exception; while they offered a variety of semi-uniquely decorated burgers, I opted for the blue cheese, which had a nice mix of dressing and seriously chunky real blue cheese. Most curiously, bacon was NOT an add-on, in fact, there was no bacon on the menu at all. Non-distinctive bun, fine, just nothing special.

It was a great burger, not in my top 10, but certainly the best burger I had in Atlanta that day.



Bonus Pickle!


1801 Howell Mill Rd #400
Atlanta, GA 30318
(404)351-1957

No comments: