Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Georgia: Vortex (Atlanta)




PDX Gwailo bypasses the sharp chest pains:



The Vortex, Atlanta, GA, has been on my “must………..stop………………eat” list for a long time. Underground whispers, street rumors, gossip have long been around about the famous “Double Coronary Bypass Burger”, a legend if there ever was one. One-half pound of sirloin, topped with two fried eggs, four slices of America Cheese, five slices of bacon, and the bun? Glad you asked. A singular delicious grilled cheese sandwich taking the place of each bun half. Yep, two grilled cheese sandwiches for buns.

Confronted with the option of devouring this monster, could I? Would I? Should I? Well, turns out at the last moment, someone said “try and onion rings”, and I knew I couldn’t do the Double and the rings at the same sitting, and when would I be here again?

So it was the ordinary Coronary Bypass Burger, which forgoes the grilled cheese(s) for a regular bun, is missing one fried egg, 1 strip of bacon, and 1 slice of american processed cheese food.

It was incredible.



Bonus Pickle!

Vortex
Three Locations
Atlanta, GA

No comments: